ABOUT THE PRODUCT
Abesco “SS” Pipe Collars are designed to prevent the spread of fire form one compartment to another where plastic pipes penetrate separating walls and floors, and provide up to 4 Hours fire resistence.
Abesco “SS” Pipe Collars consist of a stainless steel shell, which contains the heat reactive intumescent materials. The unit is supplied in two semi circular halves and is held closed around the pipe by a unique and easy to use “slidelock” closure.
Abesco “SS” Pipe Collars are supplied uncoated and have an aesthetically pleasing natural silver grey satin finish.
WHY USE ABESCO “SS” PIPE COLLARS?
- Manufactured to ISO 9001:2000
- Corrosion resistant – suitable for use in aggressive environments
- Available in a range of sizes for standard and non-standard pipe diameters, with certification for different of plastic pipes including PVC, CPVC, ABS
- Very easy to install to a wide range of substrates
- Abesco graphite intumescent is unaffected by moisture
WHAT HAPPENS IN A FIRE SITUATION?
When exposed to the heat of a fire, the intumescent material contained in the “SS” Pipe Collar expands and exerts a high pressure on the melting plastic pipe, causing the opening to be closed off and thus preventing the spread of fire one compartment to another.