Abesco Pipe Wraps are designed to prevent the spread of fire from one compartment to another where plastic pipes penetrate separating walls and floors, and provide up to 4 hours fire resistance.
Abesco Pipe Wraps consist of a factory sealed plastic sleeve which contains the heat reactive by wrapping tightly around the plastic pipe and is held closed by an integral peel back self adhesive strip.
WHY USE ABESCO PIPE WRAPS?
- Manufactured to ISO 9001:2000
- Unobtrusive firestopping solution
- Must be cast-in the thickness of the wall or floor
- Available in the widest range of sizes for standard and non-standard pipe diameters
- Very easy to install to a wide range of substrates. Unaffected by moisture or atmospheric Carbon Dioxide
WHAT HAPPENS IN A FIRE SITUATION?
- When exposed to the heat of a fire, the intumescent material contained in the Abesco Pipe Wrap expands and exerts pressure on the melting plastic pipe, causing the opening to be closed off and thus preventing the spread of fire from one compartment to another.
- Abesco Pipe Wraps MUST be cast into wall or floor to be effective. The intumescent material expands and exerts pressure against the surrounding mortar or concrete, which directs the expansion inwards thereby closing off the aperture created by the softening pipe. Abesco Pipe Wraps should NOT be surface mounted.