ABOUT THE PRODUCT
Abesco Fire Rated Foam is a single pack Fire Rated polyurethane expanding foam that is designed to prevent the spread of fire and smoke from one compartment to another through construction joints, gap and voids or openings for service penetrations in fire rated walls and floors; providing up to 4 Hours fire resistance.
Abesco Fire Rated Foam has excellent adhesion properties and when cured provides a strong semi-rigid fire rated seal. Once fully expanded and cured Abesco Fire Rated Foam is unaffected by moisture and does not degrade in high humidity conditions. Abesco Fire Rated Foam is an extremely versatile product and as such is well suited for use in a wide range of other applications. Also suitable for use as a non-fire rated gap filler.
WHY USE ABESCO FIRE RATED FOAM?
- Tested and assessed by independent authorities in accordance with BS 476 part 20:1987, and EN 1366-3:2004 for up to 4 Hours fire resistance
- Extremely Versatile Solution
- CFC Free
- Very easy to install and finish. Supplied in easy to use Canisters
- Excellent Adhesion to most building substrates
- Unaffected by Moisture or Humidity when cured
- Cures to Provide a Strong Semi-Rigid Seal
WHAT HAPPENS IN A FIRE SITUATION?
Under fire conditions, Abesco Fire Rated Foam provides an effective insulating barrier, thereby maintaining the integrity of the wall or floor and preventing the spread of fire from one compartment to another.